- Create a forum for professional evaluation based multi-disciplinary discussions.
- To promote useful evaluations that support development in Ethiopia and give professional support as the case demands.
- To encourage the development and publication of high quality evaluation practice, research and theory development based on Ethiopian experiences and expertise thereby enhancing the building of evaluation capacity in Ethiopia
- To facilitate networking and information sharing on evaluation in Ethiopia
- To be a reference point for evaluation information and methodology relevant to Ethiopia.
- To promote and share Ethiopian evaluation expertise at relevant regional and international forums and events.
- To develop & maintain professional relationships with other similar local and international organizations with a view toward fostering the growth of professional practice in Ethiopia
- To promote evaluation as a profession and support national ownership.
- To evaluate development projects of regional states when asked, especially by the developing regional states (Gambella, Afar, Somali, Benshangul, and the like.)